Imaginary World Builders
In Imaginary World Builders summer camp, children delve deep into their imaginations to envision and create imaginary worlds. Each August, guided by professional visual artist, Paulina Perera-Riveroll, children explore the use of shape, form, and found objects to bring imaginary worlds to life with an entirely new project.
This summer, the artists will develop their visual minds with a combination of chosen and found images to create their very own Imaginary World in the form of a photo collage. We will have photography scavenger hunts, learn alternative image-making techniques like cyanotype, photo transfers and repurposing found images. The children will learn about the use of color, patterns, negative and positive space, composition and design. In addition, they will be introduced to the history of artists and art movements that work with collage.
At the end of the week, children are invited to exhibit their creations at a public showing in a local community garden.
- For kids emerging from grades 2-4
- Camp runs from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- August 27-31 (with optional garden event on Sept 1st)
- Kids spend lunch and recess outside each day in Hippo Playground in Riverside Park
- Camp located at the Advent Lutheran Church at 2504 Broadway, just off the 96th St. 1, 2, 3 train